apparently this is what I dream about. lol
Saturday, February 25, 2012
Tuesday, February 21, 2012
Here's my second Threadless submission for the pinup contest. :) I like this a lot more than the mermaid one. It usually only takes me one day to not like a drawing anymore. Funny how that goes. The top sketch is the original FAST sketch for the shirt. I usually love these quick 1-2 minute sketches more than the final artwork.
On another note, I am surprised how the voting is going on Threadless. It really is a popularity contest. If your design gets really low scores, it can get thrown right out. So supposedly people seem to be voting really low- like 1 and 0 on other people's designs. Wow. That's just so mean. :( I'll keep trying to submit, but if that's the way people play, I probably won't be at it for too long.
Also, please be sure to vote for Catherine's design as well! :)
Sunday, February 19, 2012
I've been wanting to submit a design to Threadless for quite some time and finally decided to participate in one of their contests. The theme of this contest is Pin-Ups so I drew a mermaid. Based on friends' advice, I kept it as a sketch as opposed to cleaned up with the pen tool. Threadless judges pick the winners, so this one isn't dependent on online votes. If it doesn't win, I can re-submit it into the regular voting.
Here's what I wrote for it's description:
This mermaid is sure to enchant you in this her classic pin-up pose! Add a little under the sea sauciness into your wardrobe! ;)
Thursday, February 16, 2012
Wednesday, February 15, 2012
Tuesday, February 14, 2012
Today was the big day! I was able to set everything else aside for the day/evening to work on my first small skeleton. Yes, there are things I would go back and fix if I could, but for the most part, I am quite happy with it! Now to celebrate I'm going to eat some mint coconut icecream and watch X-Files. I'll post a turn around later. ;)
Monday, February 13, 2012
An early Happy Valentine's Day to those who actually celebrate it. I never had, but I thought I should go ahead and post a photo contest entry I had done last month to try to win a trip to New York. Oh, I want to travel so bad! Actually, I probably tried too hard for this contest. lol. It was supposed to be a photo of yourself wearing red and showing your heart. Here are a few of my cheesy contest entries and some kitten photos as well.
who doesn't enjoy photos of kittens? ;)
Saturday, February 11, 2012
Here's another updated animation reel. This shows my hand drawn and Flash animation as well as cleanup animation. Please read the shot list provided:
1. Unicorn: Flash animation and Photoshop background
2. Blonde Boy: Lead cleanup artist on Jake, boy in blue shirt
3. Lucky Charms: Cleanup animation on Lucky
4. Eating: Animation for a Trix commercial aired in Mexico
5. Feet: Oil paint animation for a personal project
6. Flying: Flash animation for a personal project. Photoshop background
7. Lucky Tripping: Assistant animation
8. Medusa: Flash animation with a Photoshop background
9. Rabbit Walk: Animation for a Trix commercial
10. Sonny: hand drawn animation for a GMI commercial
11. Falling: hand drawn animation for a personal project
12. Shower: Flash animation for a film
13. Rabbit in Sand: Animation for a Trix commercial
14. Red Ball: oil paint animation for a personal project
15. Bee: assistant animation and cleanup animation for Honey Nut Cheerios
16. Trix Rabbit: Animation
17. Wings: Flash animation for a personal project. Photoshop background
More samples available upon request. (Including samples animated in After Effects and Toon Boom Harmony)
(Music clip borrowed from Apocalyptica's Quutamo)
Tuesday, February 07, 2012
I realize that I need to start doing more drawings and illustrations that are outside of my typical subject matter and style. Here's something completely opposite of my typical artwork. It was an experimental illustration in Photoshop combining photo collage with illustration. I plan to explore more styles and subject matter in the months to come.
Monday, February 06, 2012
Here's one small clip of animation I created in Flash. This is from the short film Catherine and I have been working on. Our primary goal is to get it finished and submitted into film festivals, so we're using Flash to get it done more quickly.